How To Order
Information on terms, freight, payment, etc.
Your cart is currently empty.
How to BuyFor products on our website, submit an online order starting at the product's item page. Submitting an online order with credit card details leads to the fastest dispatch.
You may phone us or email us to order an item. We have many more items in our shop than we have listed on this website.
We treat your order as an offer to purchase something from us. Your offer does not commit us to sell to you. We reserve to right to not complete any sale. If we do not supply something you offer to purchase, we will not charge you for that something.
Circumstances in which we may choose to not complete your purchase includes:
- We have made an error in pricing.
- We have made an error in describing the product.
- There is a problem with the item of stock.
- We may have sold the item to someone else, and we do not have another available. We try to keep our website data up to date but we do sell things and we do have many customers. Many of our stock items are unique or rare or one-off stock items, as to be expected in our business.
- The item of stock is too large or heavy or otherwise unsuitable to send to you. Some items are for pick up only from our shop.
We will be fair in how we deal with you. We expect you to be fair in how you deal with us.
We charge freight.
We charge $15.00 per shipment for most orders within Australia.
If we can complete your order and dispatch for this freight charge we will.
Bulky, heavy, insured or international parcels will attract a higher freight charge. Also, some locations, even within Australia, are expensive to post to, if this applies you probably already know as you live there. If extra freight applies we will contact you and discuss it before completing your order.
- If you order multiple items, and only some are currently in stock we will have to wait for more stock deliveries. If you want we will send as seperate parcels, but freight will still be charged on each parcel. We will sort this out with you by email.
- We send most parcels via Australia Post but do send some parcels by courier.
- Some parcels will require a signature upon delivery.
- If you request, we can dispatch by Express Post or Receipted delivery. This will incur an extra charge.
- If you are outside of Australia, we will quote freight before charging and dispatching your order. Air mail usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to deliver, sea mail 2 to 3 months.
Payments We Accept
We require payment prior to dispatching goods. We accept:
MasterCard, Visa, Amex credit cards.
- Phone us with you credit card details.
- Submit credit card details with your website order.
- Australia Post money orders and bank cheques made out to Surplus City.
- Pay Pal. Email us for our account details.
- Visit our shop and pay in cash.
Direct deposits by internet banking.
Our banking details are available upon request. When making the payment, enter your name as the transaction reference. Copy your transaction receipt into an email to us. We will be able to confirm and allocate your payment the following banking day.
Direct deposits over the counter.
Visit any branch of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and pay into our bank account.
This is for customers without a credit card or internet banking facilities. Our banking details are available upon request. You can walk into a branch of the bank and make a cash deposit. Only deposit in Australian Dollars. Phone, email or fax us to so we and confirm and allocate your payment the following banking day. We do not dispatch goods until we have confirmed receipt in our account of a direct deposit.
- With website orders, we don't charge a credit card until the goods are being packaged for dispatch. If we don't have a product you order in stock, we will let you know. We will order it in for you, then let you know when it arrives in our shop.
- For customers outside of Australia, note all our prices are in Australian dollars and we require all payments to be in AUD. For you to generate a bank draft / bank cheque in Australian dollars, you will probably find the bank fees disproportionate. Wire payments / international internet banking transfers attract unreasonably large bank fees, for both the sender and receiver, and these can be in excess of the value of small orders. Therefore, we now only accept credit card payment for international orders, being MasterCard, Visa or Amex.